Monday, February 06, 2006

 

It had to happen eventually.

Post-nasal drip, that is. After a month of work with 2 days off, I seem to be coming down with a cold. I expected it would happen earlier as the medical staff have told me that a cold is making the rounds at the IBC. Nothing too bad, they say, just enough to cause discomfort.

I'm sure that the events of the last 2 days lead to the cold. On Saturday I spent the entire day outside visiting the city venues. I never even visited the IBC. It was a great day with all the fresh air, but it was definitely tiring. That evening I did a bit of sink laundry and went out for dinner and drinks. Before Saturday, I only stayed out until midnight at the latest. This time I pushed it to 1 am. Not super-late, but late enough when you work 12hrs per day, there is not much time to recover.

Sunday was a relatively easy day. I was at the IBC and one of our hotels from 10 am to 7pm. Of course it was superbowl Sunday. Long-story short, I stayed at the Huntsman waaay too late. I got to bed at 2:30 am (not even half-time) and had to wake up at 4 hours late in order to be ready for a 7:30 meeting.

The hangover wasn't too bad and when it cleared up around noon, I actually felt pretty good. A little while later, the itchy/scratch throat started. Ugh. (WOW, I am SUCH a complainer!!!) Tonight I am going to get at least 8 hours sleep before I head to the mountains again. The car ride up there should also be a good opportunity to nap.

By the way, my 4 hours of sleep was a lot more than some people got last night. Many people watched the entire game, some of them were from Pittsburgh.

Sorry for the complaints. I am still having a great time. The 2 late-nights were quite fun and I'll do it again dammit! Probably in a couple of days, in fact. Tomorrow, Andy Smith arrives. Wedensday, Gus will be in town for the night. Should be fun.

Other thoughts...
Today is my one-month anniversay away from home. (I left NYC on January 6th.) K arrives on Saturday (yay!).
I hope this blog does not cause an uproar similar to that Danish newspaper with pictures of Mohammed. Who hates the Danes?!?!? No one has ever started a fight with Danish people before. I think someone spit on a Danish person back in 1983...but burning down the embassy? Crazy.

The story about the woman who had a face transplant is all over the news here, and it's wierding me out. Between the part about her own dog eating her face and the fact she started chain smoking again, I'm beginning to feel woozy.

Alright. Time for another lemon tea and then it's off to bed. Once again, sorry to all for not responding to your e-mails. I am REALLY going to try to get back to y'all soon.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?