Thursday, February 02, 2006

 

Finally, some more pictures

Several factors have conspired against me when trying to post some new photos on this site (or Flickr):
In anycase, this is what I found on my camera..

Security Measures
One of the subtle changes last week was the appearance of small metal plates on any sort of manhole cover or similar. These plates show that the hole has been checked and are sealed. Of course it is easy to find covers where the plates have not stuck properly.

Snow storm in progress
As I mentioned earlier, it snowed for a few days here. I don't have too many good pictures of the storm or the ensuing traffic/carnage. At the very least, this was the view from my hotel window.


Hockey 2

I re-visited the second hockey venue (I refuse to call it "ice hockey". Especially at the winter olympics, dammit!) and it is much improved. Last time that I was inside the venue, there was sand where the ice should be. I think sand is the opposite of ice. Very odd. In any case, the place looks great now. The Canadian men's hockey team won't play here, but the women might have a game or two.



Extinguishers must be kept clear at all times
I promised Katherine that I wouldn't post any information or pictures that would get me in trouble. I said that I would not post and pictures of "non-compliances". (Is that a word? Probably not. Janine and Scott?) Well, I broke my promise. Ooops.



Ceci n'est pas un NBC employee
Actually I think this guy worked for the BBC, but I can't be sure. Definitely not for NBC. The drop behind him was approximately 40 feet. Nice work.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?